Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Island of Taipei


My beloved campus friend, Intan, bought this key chain on her trip to Taipei to visit her parents. Her parents were staying in Taipei for work, but Intan couldn't stay with them because she has to finish her study here in Indonesia.

As the holiday season came, Intan was planning to have visit her parents. When she told me that, without hesitation I asked her to bring me a souvenir of Taipei key chain.

And she did! When she came home to Indonesia, she gave me this key chain. A bunch of thank you and hugs for her. I remember she was handing this key chain in the middle of my hectic and stressful last project assignment for my graduation in the end of 2006.

A picture of taipei island with districts name printed on it. It's Chinese, so I couln't understand it. It also has "Taiwan" printed in back of the districts name side. The material is a kind of thick rubber.

I really love this key chain. It surely represents Taipei, a small -one island country. I wonder if Indonesian archipelago could turn into a key chain like this.

No comments: